Nanak Chand Anglo Sanskrit College was established in the year 1952 by Nanak Chand Trust, which was founded in 1903 in revered memory of Pandit Nanak Chand a sage and visionary, gifted with a rare combination of Wisdom, Wealth and Will to strive for nation-building. The very name of the institution and the emblem- with Stayam Shivam and Sundram, is deeply rooted in the Indian Philosophy endeavouring to follow a positive growth in all possible directions. Pandit Nanak Chand had a clear plan and agenda for contributing to a well-directed development, when he drafted his will in his early youth at the age of 22 years (in 1884) to pledge his entire property comprising of Zamidari of 20 villages, and ownership of 103 buildings and commercial establishment.
As per his will, which took a legal shape in 1885, one fourth of the income derived from this property was to be used for general charity to look after physically challenged, destitute and wandering monks. Another one-fourth was to be used to patronize helpless widows and those who have fallen to financial deprivation and suffering silently. The rest half was meant for running a school where the education of empowering trilogy, English, Sanskrit and Hindi (then known as Nagri), was to be imparted. He was precisely sure that caring for unsheltered, and channdizing the youth power is the prerequisite for inclusive development. He did this even before democratic India would come with such plans. Thus this institution was conceived and designed to serve as a bridge between European and modern scientific knowledge and intensely rich Indian values.
To realize these aspirations and dreams, the then Governor of United Province, Sir John Prescott Hewet laid the foundation of Nanak Chand High School on 25th February1909, Which gradually developed as a inter mediate college in 1947 and a degree college in 1952 affiliated to Agra University. Presently the College is affilated to C.C.S. University earlier known as Meerut University, Meerut which was carved out of Agra University in 1966. Thus the seed which was planted in early years of twentieth century has now grown into a gigantic tree, branched off into bough of various disciplines of Humanities Social Science, Science Education, Commerce and Law.